Monday, January 23, 2012

Diigo

This Diigo site seems to be pretty cool, but I'll need some more time to explore it.  To me, it seems to be a way of bookmarking interesting websites and articles so that not only you can refer to them later, but also your colleagues, friends, and other "followers."  As I explore the site deeper, I think the "lists" portion of the page will be most helpful in organizing all of the articles and/or websites I collect. 

I always seem to be able to find good articles, videos, and/or websites, but can never seem to track them down again later to share with the people that I think might be interested.  So the iPad app seems like a good option and I would like to explore that eventually (during my free time possibly?). 

Overall, I think this site would be a great resource for an educator to share information with both their colleagues and students rather than trying to find the time to print articles and crossing your fingers that the article somehow finds its way to its anticipated destination. 

1 comment:

  1. It took me a while to really get into the lists and groups functions of Diigo, but once I did I loved them; I get daily updates from an iPad education group.
    And being able to tag a site with multiple terms is perfect for my frequently-addled brain!

    ReplyDelete