Monday, January 30, 2012

Evernote

I downloaded Evernote on my iPad when we had a workshop in the beginning of this school year, but I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I never had a chance to actually explore it.  So Task 6 from 14 Things to Tame had me revisiting the app.  I actually explored it a bit on my computer.

While I'm not sure how helpful this app will be for my students given that I teach math, they definitely would benefit from this app in other classes.  Evernote seems like it would be very beneficial in writing a research paper, organizing ideas, in English class, or when working on research for a project.

Personally, I can see myself actually using this website and the app on my iPad now that I have explored it a little bit.  My first thought was naturally organizing all of my recipes (not so much useful in the classroom).  But as I began to play with the website, I found it particularly helpful in organizing my PDF's that I use for homework assignments and keeping track of different websites I use in class.  While I have binders full of these assignments and Powerpoints, it will be much easier for me to organize them on Evernote and to access them from any computer.  I look forward to Sara teaching me how to do this!

1 comment:

  1. The more I use Evernote, the more I love it. You should check out Skitch, their image-editing app, too. :)

    ReplyDelete