Thursday, January 12, 2012

RSS Feed

So my latest task was to create an RSS Feed.  Of course when trying to complete this task, I had no idea what RSS stood for (now I know Really Simple Syndication) or what the heck it meant.  So after struggling over it for about 5 priceless minutes of my day, I made the trek to the library to get some help from our trusty librarian (thanks Sara!).  She helped me to set up a Google Reader account and showed me how to subscribe to my colleagues blogs, other educational blogs, and blogs that interest me.

I think this application (is this what it's called?) will be very useful.  I made different folders so that I can check in on my teacher blogs when I'm want to find out what's going on in the education front or feeling so inclined to get new ideas for the classroom.  When I'm trying to relax or wind down I look at the blogs I track for enjoyment.  I really like how Google Reader makes it so easy to stay updated and on top of my game in all areas that I'm interested in.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how I kept track of things before I started using GoogleReader (which is to say I probably didn't keep track of anything).

    ReplyDelete